We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
The Project Enginner is the “Utility player” of our construction team. The mission of the Project Engineer is to support all project management activities across the board. It is a great opportunity to gain experience in a broad spectrum of activities for our upcoming PV solar construction projects.
Assist in management of renewable energy generation projects in excess of $150M in various stages of development from construction budget development and preliminary engineering through and including engineering design, construction and all activities leading to commercial operation.
Provide engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of renewable energy generation projects.
Responsible for preparation of bid packages for various scopes of construction activities, including preparation of Scope of Work and contract exhibits.
Evaluate bid package response from contractors and prepare technical bid tab evaluations.
Oversee preliminary onsite testing activities in advance of construction (geotechnical engineering field work, pull out testing, etc.).
Assist in the preparation of responses to governmental agencies to support Business Development in the application for permits.
Assist in the review of Engineering Drawings to ensure they meet the requirements of Acciona Energy.
Carry out high level feasibility studies for renewable energy generation projects.
Support the QA/QC manager in review and coordination of the quality documentation related to projects in construction.
Support the logistics team in projects under construction, including aligning suppliers logistics plans, reporting any deviations to the logistics plans, and developing action plans to mitigate deviations.
Assist the Logistics team in Creating, processing, maintenance of accurate documentation and records associated with the logistics of project components, including an accurate accounting of inventory on site.
Ensure the Safety and Environmental compliance of Acciona’s personnel and subcontractors on site during construction in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
May provide training on complex operations.
Create the weekly and monthly reporting requirement for both internal and external customers as well as KPI reporting.
Participate in other daily, weekly, and monthly project meetings.
Track Non-Conformities opened to contractors and suppliers.
Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
Perform Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
Identify cost reduction opportunities including optimizing design to maximize ROI.
Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively design and test Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with some experience in renewable energy engineering and/or construction. Experience is solar PV projects is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects and AutoCAD.
- Experience with PVSyst and Primavera is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal / external customers.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations.
- Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to 25% - 40% of the time to domestic and international locations.
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Seeing/Comprehension: Must be able to read documents, reports, and computer screens and/or examine or inspect material or data. Required 50-100% of the time.
- Hearing: Must be able to communicate with customers and coworkers. Required: 50-100% of the time.
- Walking/Standing: Required 50-100% of the time.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Required 25-49% of the time.
- Hand/Finger Dexterity: Manipulating objects, equipment and/or using keyboard. Required 25-49% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
Product Quality Assurance
Engineering Design Process