Job ID: X-R001082About Us
XOS is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF®) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
XOS is a leader in elemental analysis instrumentation and is part of Danaher Corporation. The position of Operations Manager will be responsible for directing the activities of a multi-functional operations team in pursuit of excellent customer service as measured by Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Directs the daily operations in order to meet all quality and delivery thresholds, drive continuous improvement and meet all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals.
• Responsible for areas of operations to include production cells and research scientist
• Partners with HR in developing talent and making XOS an employer of choice for our associates
• Owns the continual pursuit of a “Best in Class” culture of Associate Engagement
• Develops and drives continued Lean Conversion using the DBS Kaizen Funnel, and Continuous Improvement
• Creates and monitors ops-level Policy Deployment (top priority strategic initiatives) by identifying plant operations breakthroughs, building a comprehensive action plan and aligning resources to achieve targeted KPIs.
• Drive a culture of stretch goal attainment utilizing DBS processes to deliver sustainable results.
• Plans and executes, with supply chain team new supplier qualification, supplier scorecard program, contract negotiations and a materials savings funnel for PPV and VAVE.
• Work with Design and Implementation teams on manufacturability, capability, reliability reviews
• Develops and monitors monthly operating budgets and capital projects.
• Ensures all associates are knowledgeable of and comply with standard work policies as defined in XOS ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
• Evaluates Associates performance through structured coaching, performance management and development plans.
• Develop project management schedules to validate new products through use of Lean and Six Sigma tools to transition from engineering to manufacturing.
• Responsible for working with EHS leader on overall building and grounds, including facility regulatory compliance with Safety, Department of Health, and other regulatory safety and compliance bodies.
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent communication skills
• Data and Fact-Based problem-solving skills, Lean Mfg./6 sigma knowledge and/or DBS practitioner desired
• Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change continuous improvement and engagement throughout the organization
• The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills
• Ability to lead a team and drive development of team members across all areas of responsibility
• Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
• Proven track record of managing managers and individual contributors and driving both performance and employee engagement
• Ability to stay level headed and drive resolution regardless of the pressure
• Proven track-record of attracting, retaining, and developing talent.
• At least five years of manufacturing management experience. Prior Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean operations environment, required.
• Three years’ experience in directly managing a multi-function unit to include but not limited to (manufacturing, supply chain, quality, logistics & facilities), required.
• Experience setting and managing to budgets, required.
• Demonstrated success in associate development & culture building
• Demonstrated success in developing and using Problem Solving Processes and Action Plans to achieve stretch goal targets.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude in organization development through a combination of effective talent planning, associate development, and “top grading,” when necessary.
• Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes. Comfortable in a high technology, high complexity manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Excellent leadership gravitas and followership.
• Company level strategy creation to create long-term shareholder value
• Commercial acumen (marketing, product management, sales)
• APICS or ISM certification desired, or equivalent Danaher-specific experience
• Lean/Six Sigma experience
• Demonstrated success planning and managing manufacturing savings and inventory goals, highly desirable.
• Manufacturing experience in a high-tech industry
• Demonstrated success in using metric / Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review forums/meetings to drive accountability and execution through the team.
• Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture preferred.
• Demonstrated aptitude of change management preferred. Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Six Sigma Methodology
Lean Six Sigma