WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and experiential learning. The company was founded over 50 years ago and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than 550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides offers experiential learning programs in educational travel, performing arts, language immersion, career exploration, service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see the world - and themselves - in new ways.
Field Specialists are non-licensed guides scheduled to assist groups as they arrive and/or depart in the Richmond and Williamsburg, Virginia areas. Field Specialists primarily assist groups with arrivals and departures from the two major airports (RIC, ORF), facilitate transportation and supervise groups at area food courts during meal times. This is a seasonal part-time position with a variety of shifts between February and June 30th. There are no set hours for this position, but rather shifts that reflect the needs of the company and the volume of groups traveling at any given time. Starting pay for this role is $15.00 per hour.
* Efficiently and effectively handle groups and vendors in a customer-focused manner.
* Manage any issues that arise with the group during the assignment.
* Remain professional, positive, and friendly during challenging situations.
* Accommodate special requests and anticipate the needs of the travelers.
* Maintain open communication with the office staff throughout assigned shifts.
Perks at Work:
* Flexible schedule
* Mileage reimbursement
* Paid downtime
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team you help provide moments that delight and open up the world of learning. Our team is truly passionate about making each experience a once in a lifetime opportunity for each traveler that is easy to manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning journey.
If we've learned anything over this last year, it's that being able to experience different places and things while interacting with new people is imperative to not only personal growth but also to general well-being. So, let's get out there-together. To learn more about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and safety, please visit our website at www.worldstrides.com.
We also take COVID protocols very seriously and are committed to the health and safety of our team members, participants, vendors and partners which is why we've put extensive measures in place around mandatory vaccinations, PPE and other safety guidelines that follows both the CDC and World Health Organizations guidance.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides` is committed to building a diverse workforce, supported by an environment that promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Must have availability during peak times - February through June.
* Team player that works well with students, teachers, local vendors, and WorldStrides staff.
* Ability to navigate a group through the city by foot and metro efficiently.
* Time management and organizational skills.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Experience working with student populations preferred.
* Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
* Skilled at multitasking and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Basic fundamental computer literacy/skills.
* Able to remain on your feet for assigned shifts and to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds when assisting travelers with luggage.
- Computer Literacy
- Creative Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service