To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6299 West 300 North
Greenfield, IN 46140
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Parts Pro
Advance Auto Parts • Greenfield, IN
Posted 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
What is a Professional Parts Pro?
Professional level sales position capable of supporting advanced functions for both DIY and DIFM. The role has expert knowledge of store systems, advanced automotive system knowledge and part knowledge. This role has the ability for advanced identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY/DIFM customers. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Position is full time.
• Provide GAS2 selling experience for DIY and DIFM customers
• Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
• Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Ensure high standards of customer service and store appearance standards
• Key holder responsibilities (task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
• Assist in store inventory processes including truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, back stock, etc.
• Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
• Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
• Friendly communication
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Operating inventory systems and store equipment
• Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
• Operating POS and Parts lookup systems
• Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
• ASE P2 certified or ASE ready equivalent
• Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation ability
• Advanced parts lookup and sourcing
• Advanced selling skills for commercial and DIY
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Professional Parts Pro
• Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
• Ability to speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to read and interpret financial and operational reports
• Ability to understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge Assessment
• Ability to complete basic math accurately: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to use Microsoft software effectively (Word, Excel required)
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Professional Parts Pro up for Success
• 3-5 years of prior automotive parts experience
• Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must have a valid driver's license from the state of residence
• ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.