The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.What will I be doing?
***The preferred location for this position is McLean, VA,
but it could also be in Dallas, TX.***
The newly created Global Social Media Center of Excellence drives and leads social media for Hilton. As the Senior Manager, Platform Strategy & Community Management, you will be a key leader in the COE and will manage a team of social community managers as well as work with social strategists across Hilton's corporate and property ecosystems. Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Social Media, you will help drive the ideal social architecture across the Hilton ecosystem, build relationships with social networks and third-party review site partners, and devise a proactive social media engagement and response strategy across the enterprise.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in the rollout of enhanced Hilton social media brand guidelines to include our social platform strategy for properties and enterprise level accounts.
- Partner with designated Hilton account representatives from the various social platforms and third-party review sites to bring our platform strategy to life and address any ecosystem-related escalations.
- Serve as a main point of contact for the social media platforms on behalf of the teams to ensure that Hilton stays up to date on all the new developments and opportunities that exist on each platform and any impacts of platform changes to our social media strategies.
- Develop listening strategies to inform our marketing, the business and our engagement opportunities as well as create social engagement rules and practices for the team.
- Manage conversations around our owned social media content and develop and implement a real-time engagement strategy.
- Work reciprocally with Customer Care and Brand Marketing and local properties to manage engagement strategy and workflow.
- Partner with the Performance and Insights team to measure overall performance of our social channels, articulating the business Key Performance Indicators and impact of our social media marketing and engagement.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for creative self-starters, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to take on hard problems. We believe the success in this role will be measured through the following attributes and skills:
- Real passion for the dynamic, evolving nature of the digital and social media channels
- A deep understanding of Hilton's values, and ability to communicate those values into a social engagement strategy that will surprise and delight Hilton guests worldwide
- Strong ability to collaborate, build positive partnerships, and influence in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of integrity, flexibility and dedication
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years in consumer marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- Two (2) years leading social media strategy, community management or social customer care efforts for a large brand or agency account
- Two (2) years of experience as a people manager, including leading both direct reports and cross-functional teams
- Deep knowledge of the main social media platforms globally and experience using social media tools and technology (i.e., Sprinklr)
- Experience in customer care, support, or customer service landscapes
- Deep understanding of multi-channel digital media landscape, as well as the challenges, and opportunities for expansion and growth within entertainment, lifestyle and leisure categories
- Up to 20% Travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS/MBA Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Three to five (3-5) years of digital and social media experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!