Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Position requires handling scrap materials and disposable protective clothing containing lead which requires proper disposal as a hazardous waste.
- Performs what ever other responsibilities and duties assigned by supervisor
Aid in the design of equipment – design and implement system improvements.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience;
• An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
• 4+ years of manufacturing experience
• Experience with Industrial 1ph / 3ph electrical systems
• Ability to read electrical schematics.
• Ability to use electrical troubleshooting equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
• Knowledge of AutoCad Electrical a plus.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 80 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times. Pass comprehensive electrical maintenance and mechanical maintenance test. Pass medical prescreening – including a hair follicle drug screen.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving