To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX 76102
- GM Financial
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GM Financial • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are a creative and diligent copy editor who wants to accelerate your career as part of a fun, collaborative Marketing team, then GM Financial may be the place for you.
Our Content and Communication team consists of writers and editors who share a passion for creating multimedia content that connects with multiple audiences including customers, dealers, team members, and more. Our team crafts meaningful, compelling messages that inspire and motivate an audience to take action. We're seeking a detail-focused copy editor to join our winning culture and help polish good work into great communications.
You may be asked to edit and write in a variety of channels and platforms, including but not limited to:
- News Releases
- Social Media
- Employee Communications
- Executive Messaging
- Fact Sheets
- Email Newsletters
- Edit and proofread B2B and B2C digital and print marketing materials for quality, consistency and compliance, including grammar, punctuation, brand style and brand guideline considerations
- Write, edit or refine display copy, including headlines, subject lines, photo captions and subheads
- Serve as the "final read" and prepare content for publication or digital distribution, including meta data, keywords and social media posts
- Upload digital content for distribution
- Proactively make recommendations for improvements and professional development
- Partner with Communication Managers for an effective and efficient editing workflow
- Proactively seek out opportunities to update brand style guidelines
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other Marketing team members
- Demonstrate teamwork to help promote an ego-free, creative culture
- Consistently manage deadlines and priorities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide editing expertise in support of other departments as needed
- Assist with other Communication and Marketing initiatives as needed
Reports to: X
Direct Reports: None
Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- A skilled editor with a knack for writing
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with a mastery of AP Style
- Adaptable working style to support people, processes and platforms
- An eye for detail and consistency, from the nuances of grammar and punctuation to the packaging of content
- Ability to edit behind peers and educate team members on writing and editing best practices
- Effectively works as part of a team and/or independently
- Collaborates and builds relationships
- Comfortable fact-checking and interviewing subject matter experts at all levels of the organization either in person or over the phone
- 3-5 years of experience in a news media, marketing/advertising agency or corporate communications/marketing role, including internships
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related discipline required
- Experience in financial or automotive industries a plus
Normal office environment. Limited travel.