Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Director, People Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
OSHA Exposure Level: 3
Manages the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department and organization for the functions of sourcing and hiring, pay/benefits and recognition, disciplinary coordination, termination and retirement. Plans, develops and recommends HR programs and projects that align with organizational objectives and goals. Responsible for Human Resources Information System for HR Functions and Internal Communications for the organization. Collaborates with department leadership and provides guidance in HR matters. Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance to the established hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
Education: Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: A minimum of three years of management/leadership is required. Previous Human Resources management experience in healthcare highly desired.
Job-related Skills: Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and facilitate resolution to issues; demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities; ability to make independent and collaborative decisions.
Organizational Expectations and Responsibilities:
1. Mission and Service Values
a. Empathy – Demonstrates a willingness to understand others’ perspectives, without labeling or judging; treats others with compassion and is personally engaged in providing patient and family-centered care.
b. Integrity—Takes responsibility for own words and actions; has passion and courage to do the right thing; delivers on promises and commitments; is honest and achieves excellence in all things through ethical and legal behavior.
c. Stewardship—Uses FMC resources wisely; respects the time and resources of patients, family and peers; shows pride in FMC and gives back to the Center and community with time, talent and /or money.
d. Agility—Demonstrates courage to take initiative to find creative solutions; anticipates concerns and responds promptly; minimizes bureaucracy and explores opportunity for growth.
e. Teamwork—works collaboratively, not in silos; treats others with courtesy and respect; assumes good intent and welcomes differing viewpoints; creates a spirit of belonging and fellowship within FMC; embraces the FMC culture.
2. Commitment and Engagement
a. Quality—Demonstrates commitment to improve individual performance and contributes to team accomplishments and quality improvement initiatives.
b. Safety—Creates and maintains a safe and clean work environment and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate individuals.
c. Service—Recognizes and anticipates the needs of customers and strives to surpass customer expectations; utilizes AIDET, TeamSTEPPS and other tools to avoid and/or resolve concerns with the best possible outcome.
d. Sustainability—Demonstrates timely, accurate and cost-conscious use of resources in the daily work.
3. Personal Engagement
a. Organization Commitment—Complies with FMC policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines; reports compliance or ethical concerns to appropriate personnel; does not gossip but works to create a positive work experience with others.
b. Personal Commitment—Demonstrates ownership of the job; willing to step up and help others; works across departmental lines; is fully present at work—physically and emotionally; maximizes own talents and that of others.
c. Personal Growth—Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning; completes all mandatory education and participates in learning events/opportunities/experiences to enhance on-the-job performance.
Essential Job Functions
Job Expectations and Responsibilities:
4. Effectively manages the day-to-day operations and organizational operations of the Human Resources department and functions.
5. Collaborates, develops and implements organizational development programs to enhance an employee oriented, high-performance culture. This includes coaching/counseling programs, training, performance management and process improvement.
6. Plans, develops and makes recommendations for the Total Rewards Program to include: wage/salary program and benefit plan recommendations, and rewards and recognition programs. This also includes the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
7. Responsible for Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and related HR systems that integrate for the department.
8. Oversees internal communication for the organization.
9. Serves as a resource to department leadership and collaborates on related Human Resources matters.
10. Develops and updates Human Resources policies; partners with leadership to ensure fair and consistent application of these policies and procedures.
11. Ensures documentation for regulatory compliance for the Human Resources department.
12. Tracks and provides communication on HR Statistics as it relates to departmental goals and organizational benchmarks.
13. Performs general management responsibilities to include: hiring decisions, on-going performance management, monitoring educational requirements of staff, overseeing orientation and onboarding of new team members, administering disciplinary actions when appropriate, and coaching and development of team members.
14. Prepares the budget and monitors compliance with expenditures.
15. Maintains schedule and assures staffing levels are appropriate.
16. Develops, facilitates, implements and evaluates departmental/organizational projects.
Physical Capacity Demand
Medium Work: Exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds amount of force often.
Psychological/Mental – analytical abilities, memory, problem-solving and creativity
Physiological- Potential Exposures: Electrical equipment
Cognitive-Communication and collaboration with other co-workers, physicians, other employees, and patients and families; prioritizing and time management; persuasiveness and judgment
Environmental-no special considerations
Protective Equipment- no special considerations
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Sub Specialties: HR Director/Manager
Complex Problem Solving