CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AK0100AA11 Procurement - DV, Exempt
The Senior Procurement Specialist leads the development and execution of sourcing strategies for assigned areas of spend within the site and across CF. Promotes the CF Industries site procurement and materials control organization by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide function, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. The incumbent provides leadership in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement processes, and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement with other functions, and at the plant management level.
- Leads the development of procurement strategies at the site, regionally and potentially global level in support of the vision and strategic direction of Procurement and Material Control.
- Supports compliance to the procurement process at the site and increases involvement of procurement in alignment with the business.
- Facilitates continuous engagement with the stakeholder community in the procurement process and category management.
- Supports the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company’s and competitor’s products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement initiatives.
- Manages key supplier relationships in conjunction with stakeholders to increase alignment and value generation between the supplier and CF.
- Participates in site meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Participates in early planning for turnarounds and key projects.
- Facilitates key interactions across the sites.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures and initiates implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements.
- Participates in and promotes the work of CF Commodity and Improvement teams.
- Supports the material control function to optimize inventory levels, minimize stock outs and sales of obsolete equipment and materials.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk management, supplier qualification and the procure to pay process.
- Leads the sourcing process including managing proposals, developing proposal recommendations, negotiating the final contract and creating and executing supplier transition plans.
- Issues contract releases and purchase orders and expedite materials and services as needed
- Manages the administration of the supply base to include: introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements and ensuring required training is completed.
- Coaches junior members of the procurement team in sourcing strategy development, contract execution, stakeholder engagement and negotiation.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy, visibility and productivity and to ensure compliance to the contract management process and any applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Segments supply base on the basis of impact and implements supplier performance management and continuous improvement process accordingly with appropriate KPIs and governance.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Six or more years of experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience.
- Track record of delivering substantial results in a complex organization.
- Experience in developing and deploying regional strategies and processes.
- Certification in procurement or supply management desirable.
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external suppliers.
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems.
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects.
The Senior Procurement Specialist promotes strategic and operational guidance in key areas of company-wide volume aggregation, process standardization and control, supplier performance, and the development of cost saving synergies.
The site expenditures are approximately x million relating to the acquisition of material, repairs, operating supplies, services and other areas of spend. The department also has oversight over about $y million in inventory spare parts including $z million in capital spares.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
URL blocked - click to apply
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or contact us at URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
Process Improvements (Business)