To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX 75243
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Systems Engineer
DRS Technologies Inc • Dallas, TX
Posted 5 days ago
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Staff Systems Engineer at Leonardo DRS you will be responsible for the design, integration and validation/verification of EO/IR sensor systems for complex military applications. A successful candidate must be able to provide overall Systems Engineering and technical leadership to a cross-functional team in the execution of these activities.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelors Degree or higher in engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years Systems Engineering experience encompassing requirements development, systems design and analysis, systems integration, and product verification and validation
- Strong customer focus
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to plan activities and drive a team for results
- Ability to decipher highly technical data
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment
- Experience executing EMD and LRIP phases of DoD programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral
- Experience with DOORS
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Experience with EO/IR technology and products
- Experience designing, building, and testing EO/IR systems
- Previous experience as a systems Design Engineer or Systems Analyst
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with formal software development and test activities and processes
- Experience developing systems to meet, and performing formal verification against, military environmental requirements (MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, etc.)
- Experience with failure analysis, root cause development, and validation of corrective actions
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- INCOSE CSEP certification
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze data to establish system requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon customer needs
- Work with the Project Manager, Project Controls, other Systems Engineering disciplines, Design Engineering, Quality, Operations and Supply Chain in an Integrated Project Team organizational framework to successfully execute the complete product development lifecycle from product inception to disposal
- Perform effective risk management
- Create technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs and other systems integration related documents, including Systems Engineering Plans and Interface Control Documents
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based on system requirements
- Provide customer post-acceptance product installation and integration support
- Perform as the project Systems Engineering subject matter expert with regard to Systems Engineering process, ensure good Systems Engineering process is implemented in all product development activities
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure Systems Engineering activities are appropriately planned and budgeted into project plans
- Work closely with Design Engineering project team members to ensure that all external and internal hardware, software, and human factors interfaces are defined, and that all design risks are managed
- Lead the application of Systems Engineering fundamentals to overall product development
- Execute other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. up to 20% of the time
- Travel up to 10%
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS