EMBEDDED HARDWARE ENGINEER, SR
Design of embedded hardware for digital and or analog video streaming and processing products. Must have experience with board level architecture, FPGA and PCB design, implementation, and validation of hardware systems. Includes developing test plans, setting up test scenarios and automated testing with scripting based on product requirements/parameters. Test results will be captured and communicated to management and engineering design teams as required by product needs. In developing test hardware, the work will include researching / specifying components, schematic design and capture, FPGA design and development, PCB layout guidance and board bring-up while interfacing and collaborating with the design engineering teams.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- BSEE or equivalent degree (transcripts required)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in digital design development, implementation & debug.
- Experience developing hardware for high performance audio/video streaming and networking systems.
- Interface design experience with programmable logic (FPGA/CPLD), CPU and DSP microprocessors, high speed transceivers and advanced memory devices in an embedded environment.
- Knowledge of analog and digital video interfaces such as HDMI, DisplayPort, SDI or USB 3.1.
- Knowledge of digital control interfaces such as Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C or high speed serial.
- Working knowledge of FPGA development tools from Altera & Xilinx is a plus.
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating system environments..
- Hands on experience in design/troubleshoot/updating hardware..
- Strong hardware debugging skills and root-cause failure analysis.
- Software programming experience in C, C++, C# or other selected languages a plus.
- Understanding of SMPTE, CEA, ITU, IETF-RFC and ISO-IEC standards is desirable..
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment