To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics • Springfield, VA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
To assure the production of timely and accurate financial reports and analyses to management. To ensure that transactions and financial information are properly and accurately reported in the General Ledger on a timely basis.
• Act as the lead for month end process. Accrual of month end revenue/expenses such as unpaid payroll, unbilled revenue and expenses, unpaid claims, and other items as needed or requested. Allocate revenues among profit centers. Allocate general and administrative expenses to the various profit centers.
• Audit and reconcile all assets, liability and equity (balance sheet) general ledger account on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as determined by management. Insure revenue and expense general ledger accounts are also audited and reviewed to ensure reasonableness and proper accounting on a timely basis.
• Produce timely and accurate monthly financial statements highlighting significant items.
• Assist with accounting for specific business units as deemed necessary.
• Create and produce ad hoc and financial reports and provide analysis.
• Prepare bank and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Create entries that allocate many additional expenses to the correct profit center such as: depreciation on fixed assets, healthcare premiums, business insurance premiums, etc.
• Record any sale of fixed assets with appropriate gain or loss on sale, keeping updated on tax law that affect the company, particularly focusing on depreciation, Section 179 expensing, and bonus depreciation of fixed asset purchases.
• Monitor the accounting of company investments including mutual fund and tax-exempt bond portfolios on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis. Audit monthly statements. Record purchases, sales, gain or loss on sales, tax-exempt interest received, dividends and interest received. Maintain an accurate investment roll-forward schedule by manager and overall summary. Record changes in market value.
• Assist members of the accounting/billing staff as needed.
• Review the financial and non-financial reports for overall accuracy.
• Respond to requests for information and various projects received from senior management.
• Prepare weekly Cash/Investment report.
• Book adjustments for all outgoing wires.
• Prepare work papers to support year-end financial reports and to be furnished to outside accountants.
• Analyze and clear intercompany transactions on a quarterly basis.
• Assist with accounting for real estate partnerships as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and at least two years working experience in Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA certification preferred but not required.
• Knowledgeable of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and apply same to the accounting records.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Intermediate Level or higher preferred)
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.