Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Genomics is looking for Principal Consultants to lead client engagements and studies focused on evidence generation for precision medicine and genomics. A Principal Consultant within Optum Genomics has a unique set of responsibilities across multiple business functions: client engagement, program management, product development, and scientific thought leadership. Successful Principal Consultants must have an entrepreneurial spirit and skills to work through ambiguity while being innovative by nature and driven to create new products and services that advance the state of evidence for precision medicine. Principal Consultants provide leadership to client engagements, internal teams, and initiatives by building strong internal and external relationships. Optum Genomics Principal Consultants not only advise clients on technology assessments and evidence generation planning but work actively on product development and research initiatives from protocol development, to execution, and through dissemination.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own and deliver on evidence generation engagements from defining research questions and specific aims to study execution and dissemination of results
- Engage clients to define statements of work, arrange technology assessments, and define gaps in evidence
- Lead internal teams to define study protocols and execute evidence generation activities
- Assure compliance with human subject research, data security, and privacy regulations
- Liaise with payer organizations to collect feedback on evidence dossiers for coverage determination
- Advance dissemination of results via manuscript, reports, and conference presentations
- Lead and present original research to further the team’s presence at professional conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
- Grow and develop strong client relationships by providing exceptional technical expertise and superior customer service
- Lead the development of new service offerings and cross-business unit collaborations to provide innovative solutions to our clients’ most pressing challenges
- Work collaboratively with the Optum Genomics, OptumLabs, and OptumInsight business units to develop targeted strategies for achieving sales and revenue targets
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior research staff on technical research issues and client management approaches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in health services research, life sciences, health economics, or epidemiology
- 5+ years of research and project management experience
- Experience conducting clinical research in various disease areas with molecular diagnostics
- Experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases or electronic medical records data
- Record of publication
- Doctoral degree in health services research, life sciences, health economics, or epidemiology; or a PharmD or MD
- Curious mind and internally motivated to achieve excellence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Solid problem-solving and negotiation skills under pressure
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Consultant, Director, Precision Medicine, Genomics, Life Sciences, Principal Consultant, Director-Consulting, Life Sciences Consulting Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research Director, HEOR Consulting Director, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote