SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Coordinates and manages all aspects of the production and administration of benefit plans to include plan selection, carrier negotiation, and communicate client materials as a personal assistant to the Marketing Representative; services accounts and prepares spreadsheets for client proposals; and performs other administrative duties.
- Compares and analyzes carrier information to select appropriate benefit packages and inputs price data into spreadsheets for presentations to clients; and negotiates best pricing and plan selection with carriers as assigned.
- Requests proposals for various products from prospective and existing clients.
- Interacts with insurance carriers and clients to assist in resolving claims disputes and other problem issues and to answer questions regarding billing, products, and services.
- Conducts on site group enrollment meetings.
- Coordinates and reviews contracts on existing accounts by contacting accounts to verify the status of the group, coverage, and changes; and determines if renewal rates warrant putting out to bid.
- Enrolls voluntary insurance cases requiring one-on-one interviews with each eligible employee.
- Visits clients for on-site service consultation.
- Researches new products for the benefit of clients and for potential clients and makes recommendations to Division Manager.
- Assists with marketing programs for various insurance products.
- Attends seminars and continuing education courses to keep current on new laws and regulations at state and national levels.
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to the Marketing Assistant.
- Must have a High School or equivalent. Some college works in Business, insurance, marketing or related fields preferred.
- Must have a Group I L&H Insurance License.
- Must have at least three (3) years in Employee benefits, insurance agency, group insurance administration sales, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient in personal computers to include Internet navigations, MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic office equipment to include operating a calculator, copy machine, and fax.
- Must have strong communication (both written and verbal), leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated personal initiative and self-motivation.
- Must have strong multi-tasking and team-building skills.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm with accuracy.
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. of files, manuals, or boxes.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to current customers and to attend continuing education classes and seminars.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply
. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Human Resource Management