GDIT is seeking a Senior Operational Technology Specialist to assist with operations, cybersecurity, and lifecycle sustainment for a federal customer’s Warehouse Execution System (WES) supporting Automated Material Handling Equipment (AMHE) solutions. The selected candidate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for administration of the WES. The applicant must demonstrate ability to lead or supervise a team of specialists in developing, managing, maintaining, and evaluating OT systems and their integration with other OT and IT systems. The applicant must also be able to evaluate applications in support of specific OT requirements and interface with other equipment and systems.
Work will be performed from a customer facility during normal duty hours, and daily interaction with customers and contract team members is expected.
- Providing subject matter expertise for OT system engineering, system architecture, solution performance, proposed alternate solutions, technical capabilities, functionally driven application support projects, software / technology refresh projects, and new or existing technology integration / implementation projects.
- Identify, collect, document, and provide system metrics.
- Providing coordination for the administration support and troubleshooting.
- Assisting with maintaining the existing WES deployed software products.
- Identifying and performing data migration efforts and/or interface requirements.
- Performing system deployment and adherence to lifecycle management policies and procedures.
- Installing GFE, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from monitoring tools as required.
- Providing support for necessary interfaces to embedded systems such as data extraction and data insertion.
- Conducting application regulatory change reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory changes.
- Performing system failure analysis and recovery to ensure the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Maintaining security postures as designated by the assigned Information System Security Manager (ISSM).
- Providing, testing, implementing, and validating system security patching, software updates, service patches, upgrades, and configuration/policy changes while adhering to the existing Configuration Management processes.
- Configuring and maintaining system backups to conform to IA controls requirements.
- Maintaining the integrity of the system and provide audit trails / transaction logging.
- Assisting and answering inquiries for user assistance from government and contractor personnel.
- Documenting, analyzing, reviewing, evaluating, repairing, and resolving deficiencies involving operating systems, software, databases, and networking issues.
- Proposing alternative solutions to WES operational problems if software modification is necessary.
- Investigating and resolving software compatibility issues.
- Coordinating with other government and third party contractors to resolve operational issues.
- Generating and distributing operational reports to governmental entities.
- Developing protocols to support disaster recovery and implement as directed.
- Reviewing and refining data retention policies and practices to ensure compliance with federal records requirements.
San Jose, CA
New Cumberland, PA Education
Required Certifications (2):
- IAT Level III certification (i.e. CASP CE, CISSP, etc.)
- One of the Following:
- MCSA (WS2008 or Higher)
- MCSE (Windows Server 2012 or Higher)
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator (EA)
- MCITP: Server Administrator (SA)
- MCM (2008 or Higher)
- MCA (Microsoft Windows Server Directory)
Minimum Experience Requirement: 8 years of relevant experience
Clearance Required: Secret
Required Skills Include:
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across OT platforms.
- Capacity to perform risk assessments and recommend risk-based security solutions for OT systems.
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently, with minimal error and guidance.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of government personnel to include managers and field level employees.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term vision.
- Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Experience with Cybersecurity standards, best practices for OT systems, evaluating security vulnerabilities, developing mitigation strategies and how to integrate them, and developing policy and procedure for DoD risk management framework requirements.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Microsoft Certified It Professional
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Mcsa)