Job ID: 154387
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Operator – CDL Driver - Mulch & Soil Manufacturer- Class A DOT live floor tractor trailer operation from Dallas, TX making multiple daily runs. High activity season will require availability to maximum hours allowable under DOT & safety compliance. Drivers are required to strap and weigh station loads. Fast-paced operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Valid Class A CDL license, clean 3-year MVR report and ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical & drug test, and criminal background search
- Perform routine pre & post-trip inspection inspections, properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel, and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training & Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test & observed road test
- Must have the ability to complete electronic logs and maintain accurate and legible records in compliance with DOT and company standards to include but not limited to: maintenance reporting, pre & post-trip inspections, fuel ticket records, delivery manifests and documentation, and necessary customer delivery signatures
- Perform preventive maintenance safety inspections (tires, mirrors, brakes, fluids, tarps, straps) & fueling duties
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively with dispatch, Scale House, and shipping departments
- Ability to operate forklift equipment preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65lbs may arise from time to time – should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)