Help At Home (formerly Altrus) is hiring in your community!
*Currently Offering $300 Bonus Potentials for Full Time Employees!
*Currently Offering $200 Bonus Potentials for Part Time Employees!
*Currently Offering a $300 Retention Bonus!
Why work for *Help At Home and with our DD Community Living Arrangements residents? Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our work is more important than ever and we are hiring. Rest assured, we are taking necessary precautions to keep our clients and highly-valued staff safe with PPE and cleaning supplies. We encourage you to apply today!
We are in need of an experienced Group Home Manager for one of our CLA homes in Thomaston, Georgia. The Home Manager is responsible for managing one or more group homes for individuals with developmental disabilities, or our Community Living Arrangements (CLA). The Home Manager will provide leadership and management to support the administrative, operational, and individualized service compliance outcomes expected for their group home.
The Home Manager also acts as direct support at times, assisting with activities of daily living, observing and monitoring behavior, and charting observations, incidents and other pertinent information. They will direct and assist meal preparation, provide transportation and provide assistance with medications. The Home Manager is responsible for ensuring that schedules are filled with qualified employees.
This position requires a flexible schedule with availability for ALL shifts. There are times when the Home Manager will have to cover for employees who are unavailable to work assigned shifts. We are currently offering a hiring incentive of $150 – please ask for more details at your interview.
Help At Home strives to be an employer of choice in your community and our caregivers and employees are the foundation of our work. Eligible staff have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs, along with lucrative bonuses in certain areas.
We offer a variety of in-depth training opportunities in order to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. We also offer strong career path possibilities for those caregivers who are committed to growing within the organization.
Person Centered Planning and Individual Support Planning
- Actively participate in the person-centered planning process, including development and implementation of Person Centered Plans (PCPs) and the Individual Support Plan (ISPs)
- Assist with designing and implementing support and teaching strategies targeted at assisting clients with reaching their outcomes, as outlined in the ISP
- Support supervision and training of DSPs regarding the implementation of the PCP, ISP and teaching strategies
- Review all forms, notify Case Manager of any incidents and provide oversight for the follow-up plan with staff
- Maintain communication with family members, guardians, staff and Case Managers on a regular basis, particularly regarding policies, issues, and concerns
- Coordinate in-service training needed to assist staff in fulfilling responsibilities related to client-directed support
- Provide direct support by providing services needed to protect the health and safety of the client, especially in a staffing crisis
- Coordinate and assist the staff with maintaining positive relationships
- Perform on-site evaluations for all field staff
Other job functions
- Client record-related maintenance and compliance
- Secure community resources for clients and coordinate benefits including Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, SSA, and Food Stamps
- Assist the Director with teaching the training classes and with on-site investigations, as requested, for worker injury and client complaints
- Assist the Director with other duties, as assigned and with approval
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in an assisted living facility or group home working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Current driver's license
- Access to insured and reliable transportation
- Current CPI certification
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current TB screening
- Fingerprints and an acceptable motor vehicle report
- Availability to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Availability to work PRN shifts
- Availability to be On-Call
In order to be employed as a Home Manager, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location, so please ask for complete details at your interview.
*Help At Home (formerly Altrus). Help At Home's mission is to be the leading national provider of high quality, person-centered care and support to the elderly and people with disabilities in their homes and community-based settings. The core of our services are highly trained, compassionate and dependable caregivers that are supported by our local teams with the resources and expertise to deliver unsurpassed care. Our goal is to enable the highest level of personal independence and meaningful lives for our clients.