To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Biscoe, NC 27209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Continuous Improvement Coordinator
American Axle & Manufacturing • Biscoe, NC
Posted 8 days ago
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleContinuous Improvement Coordinator
Job Description Summary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion participation in AAM’s Continuous Improvement (CI) challenge.
- Directly responsible for achieving annual CI goals.
- Responsible for leading a team of 1 salary supervisor with 5 hourly direct reports.
- Establish, lead, and maintain a Continuous Improvement Steering Committee.
- Conduct operational audits to identify areas of opportunity across the business.
- Identify and recommend improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Lead and/or coordinate Kaizen events and similar team-based improvement initiatives.
- Train “change agent” employees, in all aspects of 5S, Lean manufacturing, waste reduction, team effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Develop necessary training materials and effectively deliver those materials in a team environment to ensure employees throughout the facilities are trained in CI concepts and philosophy.
- Establish appropriate measurement systems to identify opportunities and to quantify implemented improvements.
- Lead teams to develop appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for their products, process, or function.
- Identify goals for CI events and potential quantifiable savings.
- Facilitate the selection, scope, and planning of specific improvement projects.
- Ensure adherence to event schedules.
- Resolve implementation issues / create and manage implementation communication process
- Follow up and audit event progress to ensure results are achieved and sustained.
- 4 year Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in manufacturing management
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Master Black Belt Preferred)
- Strong background in Kaizen, 5S projects, and Lean manufacturing
- Must have exceptional MS Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Must possess exceptional communication and team building skills.
Required Skills and Education
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.