Make More Than a Living
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for immediate work in the Fredericksburg area? Do you want a rewarding career helping others while receiving competitive pay, flexible work shifts, and a generous benefits package? We've got the job for you!
Comfort Keepers is looking for a part-time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Fredericksburg team. At Comfort Keepers, we provide uplifting in-home care for seniors and older adults who require a helping hand, a supportive companion, and day-to-day assistance in their homes. As a Comfort Keeper, you will have the opportunity to deliver one-on-one care that enhances the quality of life and brings hope and joy to clients and their families.
RN Job Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible start dates and ability to work in both care facilities and home care setting
- Ongoing paid training
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Supportive and Rewarding Work Environment
- Growing Company with opportunity for development
Take the first step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply Today!
Client Care Consultation Perform initial home evaluations of potential clients, assess client needs, develop and document client plan of care.
- Conduct regular on-site supervisory visits of Comfort Keeper caregivers.
- Meet client needs through regular reevaluations and assessment of client care plans.
Community Networking & Business Development: Support the business and grow revenue by engaging in community events and external business promotion
- Build and grow the location's professional network. Build relationships and community partnerships with hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities in your local area to sell our services.
- Ensure ongoing coordination of care between the client, caregiver, physician, and other Comfort Keepers staff.
- Carry out physician orders and perform selected tasks safely related to client care, such as Infusion therapy, blood draws, wound care, and more.
- Administer medication accurately, observe client response, and document in the medical record (including adverse outcomes).
- Document pertinent observation and intervention on appropriate record.
- Effectively communicate the clients changing needs and plan of care among staff members.
- Report clients' needs/problems and observations regarding the client's condition to the registered nurse or physician.
- Work collaboratively with other health care team members to coordinate the client's care. Provide client/significant health teaching and document the teaching.
- Assist patients, family members, or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy; and communicate with them courteously and respectfully.
- Other client care duties as assigned/delegated by Supervising RN.
- Unencumbered and active VA RN License
- CPR Certification
- Minimum of one year of supervisory/management experience in a health-related field required.
- Hospice care experience a plus
- Must be comfortable with end of life care
- A passion for the job and genuine desire to help others
- Dependable, responsible, nurturing, and caring attitude
- Access to reliable transportation with a willingness to travel within Fredericksburg and the surrounding area.
- Up-to-date car insurance in your name, registration, and valid VA Driver's License
- Must pass drug testing
Comfort Keepers strongly considers candidates with previous experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Sign-on bonus to be paid after 90 days of employment.
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Comfort Keepers, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so results in an undue hardship.
- Business Development
- Certified Nurse Practitioner