Whitlock is seeking an experienced Service Desk Technician to join our IT team. This position will be based at our corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The service desk team is split between two sites and provides services to users at multiple locations across the United States. This will require collaboration with team members located at other offices as well as occasional overnight travel. Whitlock offers a fun work environment with plenty of opportunity to grow.
- Troubleshoot end user device issues including software, hardware, network, and peripherals.
- Provide desk-side and remote support.
- Support Windows operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Answer service desk calls
- Document work in the ticketing and asset management system.
- Create and update knowledge-base articles as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve issues.
- End user device configuration and imaging
- Shipping and receiving devices
- Tracking assets
- Occasional project work
- Travel as needed
- Must be able to pass a background check
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. What we give to a customer is the ability to connect, work together and share ideas with a reliable video experience. Whatever you’re trying to do, and who ever needs to join in, we’ll help you share it with the world.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues in a timely manner
- A desire to understand and learn more
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize multiple tasks
- Motivated to take initiative regarding issue resolution or process improvements
- CompTIA A+ certification is highly preferred
- Experience with Apple OS
- Experience with Active Directory and account management
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites, Anti-Virus, data backup software, and software management platforms
- Experience with mobile devices such as tablets, phones: Apple, Android, and similar devices is beneficial
- High school or equivalent education. College or advanced computer training preferred
- One year of experience in a service desk support role ideally supporting a medium/large enterprise environment
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Process Improvements (Business)