Ultimate Staffing is working with a reputable company located in the North Central area of San Antonio in order to identify an experienced Accounting Assistant
for a CONTRACT TO HIRE PERMANENT
position. This position does require mandatory overtime at the end of each month. Job Duties:
- Verifies and posts all accounting submissions for several accounts. Serves as back up for accounting functions for several companies. Processes and balances daily and monthly Trial Balance reports. Updates daily balancing excel spreadsheet to include all accounting submissions posted for the day.
- Runs monthly Reconciliation of Ledger assets reports and distributes to various staff.
- Processes daily check requests and submits for printing. Scans check request and check listing into image system. Images daily report of check requests with name mismatches.
- Prepares daily accounts payable checks for mailing. Obtains signatures on checks. Matches check to invoice. Scans checks into image system and mails check.
- Runs Monthly Budget Reports.
- Balances several suspense accounts. Serves as back-up for bank deposits, accounts payable and miscellaneous check keying and processing, check log recording, and obtaining signatures on checks.
- Sorts, categorizes and delivers department mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position could pay between $14.00-15.00 per hour depending on skills and work history. Testing will be required. Background and drug screen will be required. Due to the nature of the organization, they do not hire nicotine users. If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this role, please apply and send your resume to URL blocked - click to apply
- Associates degree in Accounting or a minimum of 2 years of college or equivalent experience in Accounting with high degree of skills
- Strong computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.