Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 1100 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator Position Summary
The Supply Chain Coordinator is part of the Supply Chain and assumes a primary role in the overall coordination of supplier non-conformance orders as they relate to the production and non-production schedule. The position will also perform other office and administrative duties to assist the buyers with purchase order maintenance i.e. committed delivery dates, supplier acknowledgements, expedites, supplier required documentation, supplier adds/modifications, and Non-Disclosure Agreements. Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and facilitate the prompt disposition of supplier non-conforming material. Ensure all materials and parts needed are in the building and available for upcoming production as it relates to the production and non-production schedule in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Request quotes for non-conforming material and process purchase orders in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain good company internal and external supplier relationships delivering the very best in customer service.
- Maintain accurate and timely status for all non-conforming orders.
- Perform data entry functions as needed (i.e. purchase order maintenance).
- Assist as needed with supplier adds/modifications, expedite or trace order status.
- Work closely with buyers as it relates to their supply base for non-conforming material.
- Work closely with management and supervisors to accurately relay any issues and / or upcoming changes.
- Ability to create and update Excel and Word documents and look for ways to improve systems and procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Administrative support for maintaining clear communications with respect to product availability and changes in status for all supplier orders.
- Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes.
- Communicate supplier performance including supplier visits as required.
- Maintain and manage reports to document goals and communicate status to upper management.
- Work with department representatives to develop clear specifications and product needs.
- Be a liaison between DRS-PCT personnel and assigned supply base.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience.
- MS Office: Computer proficiency with standard software packages, including Word and Excel.
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Basic negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight required.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution and handle difficult situation in a professional manner.
- Prioritize and handle multiple duties/projects at one time
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change.
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to meet promise date commitments and reporting.
- Work with suppliers to obtain commitments.
- US Citizenship is required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to understand military specs and read blue prints.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience including: an annual bonus, eligibility for a long-term incentive plan, and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits, and is prepared to offer a comprehensive relocation package.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS
Material Requirements Planning