To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pontiac, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Site Manager - Paints & Coatings
AkzoNobel Inc • Pontiac, MI
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
The Site Manager defines & manages the execution of the site manufacturing by effective management of the site. Continuously improves the performance of the site’s ISC metrics and ensured delivery on yearly site objective in safety, quality, cost, service, productivity, people & talent development.
- Plans, leads, organizes & controls the delivery (ready to serve) of the site’s contribution to business objectives and overall performance (in terms of safety, reliability, productivity, service, cost, quality, material/eco-efficiency and community stewardship) and provides insights regarding developments based on analysis.
- Contributes to the formulation of business objectives from a manufacturing perspective and ensures site capabilities, constraints and HSE considerations are incorporated into business planning.
- Ensures ISC strategy is cascaded to the site organization effectively to ensure appropriate alignment of focus and relevant information and issues are fed back up.
- Establishes, achieves, enforces and continuously improves the performance levels for the site in terms of customer service, safety, cost, quality, material efficiency, capital, engagement and resource productivity and enforces the minimum personal performance level.
- Implements and operates the standard ALPS CoE processes for the site consistent with the agreed ISC functional excellence agenda.
- Implements and operates the common HSE platform and identifies and respond effectively to hazards in HSE and security.
- Designs, installs and safely maintains assets
- Produces and effectively uses materials and services.
- Coaches, mentors and develops the site management team members and build a team which collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the task.
- Establishes a culture of functional and operational excellence, continuous improvement and accountability, professionalism and commitment to company values and behaviors
- Acts as role model in talent management through developing a strong talent bench for key positions at site, enhancing talent development and engagement levels.
- Stimulates talent management by identifying and selecting talents with growth potential and driving exchange of talents across sites with colleague site managers.
- Networks with other site managers / stakeholders inside and outside of AkzoNobel to develop and share knowledge, experience, leverage best practice and exchange of/and building talents.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for communications outside of the site; being responsible for maintaining good relationships internal AkzoNobel and with all external bodies (media, attorneys, governmental and regulatory officials, community and business leaders, customers, employer association/association of chemical industry).
- Be familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain for which the site produces products to ensure matrix structure operates efficiently.
- Acts as an ambassador and encouraging talent processes and engagement.
- Ensures a job profile is in place, sets objectives for team members, reviews development and provides clear, open and constructive feedback on performance combined with the appropriate actions.
- Strengthens the talent pipeline by developing talent and regularly assesses and discusses talent and internal movement. Continuously monitors and evaluates retention risk.
- Stimulates, manages and follows through on employee engagement and builds on the workforce to reflect the societies and markets in which we do business (D&I).
- Creates an open environment in the team where all people can perform at their best and stimulates the development of others and ensures an engaged finance team.
- Ensures reporting line is fully informed and acts in line with HSE and Compliance regulations.
- Takes ownership by representing Regional Manufacturing Team towards own team and vice versa.
- Manages and plans relevant (departmental) budget and proactively manages the costs.
- Reports on progress on a continuous base.
- Bachelor Degree in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering concentration preferred
- Proven site management experience in a medium to large production facility
- Direct experience managing multi-unit teams
- At least 15 years’ experience in a coating or chemical production / manufacturing industry; small batch production experience
- Factory management experience essential; Industrial or FMCG experience; Coating manufacturer preferable
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)