Horizon is one of Idaho's oldest and largest Home Health agencies. We have been in business for over 20 years and currently have 8 branches from Weiser to Pocatello.We pride ourselves on our quality of care and ethical business practices as well as our foundational Core Values CAPLICO- - -Celebrate, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Intelligent Risk Taking, Customer Second, and Ownership.How we do it: CELEBRATING successes large or small. We hold each other ACCOUNTABLE with respect and professionalism. Our PASSION FOR LEARNING allows us to teach our team members the latest and most advanced Home Health and Hospice education. Our LOVE ONE ANOTHER atmosphere shows we work as a team with trust and compassion. The growth we have experienced reveals that we are INTELLIGENT RISK TAKERS with our processes and procedures. But what really sets us apart from all the others is our CUSTOMER SECOND philosophy. Employees are our main and most important focus. We achieve job fulfillment by promoting OWNERSHIP through the independence that Home Health and Hospice offers.Horizon is Idaho’s EMPLOYER OF CHOICE and we want you to join us as we PROVIDE LIFE CHANGING SERVICE to all those we touch
Must be a licensed Medical Social Worker Licensed in the State of Idaho
Must have a valid CPR, Driver's License and Auto Insurance
Home Health and Hospice Social Work experience preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
3. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
5. Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
6. Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
7. Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
8. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
9. Maintains and assists the volunteer coordinator in establishing a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
10. Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings.
11. Adhering to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
12. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotion¬all factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
14. Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Supervisor .
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Horizon Home Health and Hospice
Horizon Home Health and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
URL blocked - click to apply