We are excited to welcome a Business Process Improvement Analyst to our growing team in Dallas, TX.
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
The goal of the role: Our Business Process Improvement Analyst will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and recommending improvements to EVO’s business processes in order to improve overall organizational performance.
What will you be doing?
- Representing and encouraging a continuous improvement culture
- Responsible for Lean/Six Sigma projects that eliminate re-work, provide cost savings, increase revenues and client/customer satisfaction
- Identifying opportunities and issues, and define and manage continuous improvement projects using the Lean Sigma/DMAIC framework
- Directing and controlling all work performed within the project framework of the DMAIC phases
- Engaging with executive leadership to analyze and update processes by utilizing sound process improvement models and techniques
- Communicating effectively with executive leadership, management, peers and business partners on strategy, deliverables, timelines and support needed
- Defining and collecting metrics to identify project progression
- Studying operational and performance data to identify trends and opportunities
You could be a great fit with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a contact center, preferably in the payment processing industry
- Lean Six Sigma Green Black Belt Certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies or equivalent experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently on projects of high complexity with minimal supervision
- Understanding and ability to use statistical process analysis
- Strong analytical oral communication and technical writing abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and instill trust within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional relationships and interact with all levels of internal and external clients
- Understanding and ability to use math principles, charts, and graphs
- Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Six Sigma Methodology
Lean Six Sigma
Process Analysis (Business)
Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)