Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Responsible for providing health care for patients in designated primary or specialty areas, including patient diagnoses, treatment, education, and referrals. Serves as a resource and role model for clinical practice, training, evaluation, and direct management of practitioners and students in all areas encompassed by the service line to ensure optimal patient care quality. Assist leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, and implementing designated advanced practice provider activities.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program recognized by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN):
* Master's Degree in Nursing or a Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
* 3 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) performing the same or similar job duties.
* 5 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in any field.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
* Current employees hired at Parkland before 3/1/2014 may have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross
o Military Training Network.
* Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures.
* Current, valid Physician Assistant licensure from the Texas Board of Physician Assistants.
* Current certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse:
* Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Family, Adult, Gerontology, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric, Neonatal, Psychiatric Mental Health or Women's Health Nurse Practitioner.
Must have active certification as a Nurse Practitioner by one of the following:
* Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
* Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) by ANCC or AANPCP
* Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (GNP) by ANCC or AANPCP
* Adult-Gerontology-Primary Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or AANPCP
* Adult-Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACNCC)
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) by ANCC or AACNCC
* Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care (PNP-PC or PPCNP) by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or ANCC
* Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care (PNP-AC) by PNCB
* Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) by NCC
* Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by ANCC
* Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHCNP) by National Certification Corporation.
Clinical Nurse Specialist:
* Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
* Must have active certification as described below by one of the following:
* Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) by ANCC or AACNCC
* Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) by ANCC or AACNCC Nurse Midwife:
* Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license
* Current licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Nurse Midwife by the Texas Board of Nursing.
* Must have active certification as a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) or its predecessor
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care to assigned patient population by the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act or Texas Medical Board Rules, as applicable to licensure, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area-specific standards.
* Must demonstrate leadership ability through superior clinical skills and as a practice development resource.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have effective leadership skills, including motivation, recruitment, retention, and change management.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of Parkland policies, structure, procedures, and mission.
* Must demonstrate patient-centered behaviors.
1. Performs all clinical practitioner service activities in a designated specialty area including obtaining histories, performing physical exams, making assessments, orders tests to adequately assess, determine diagnoses, and plan of care. Provides optimal medical decision-making and patient care management, consistent with the PHHS mission, to ensure good health outcomes. Uses written medical protocols and consultants appropriately.
2. Records health history, findings, treatments, and recommendations accurately, clearly, and concisely. Manages time effectively to ensure optimal use of patient and provider resources. Consults appropriately with supervising physicians and refers patients as necessary to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
3. Includes patients and/or families in determining the care plan when appropriate. Educates patients and families to ensure self-management, follow-up, and compliance with established treatment. Arranges appropriate follow-up appointments. Develops appropriate patient education materials. May participate in community outreach activities to promote education and PHHS as a patient-centered/patient-valued healthcare provider.
4. Trains, supervises, and evaluates APP students and contributes to educating residents, interns, and other healthcare trainees. Serves as a clinical resource to other APPs and other allied health professionals. Serves as a role model for junior staff and APP students. 5. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in a given practice field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and actively participating in professional organizations. Participates in PHHS education activities, attends, and provides in-services. Educates peers and staff both formally and informally. Seeks information to ensure the maintenance of a collaborative learning environment. Integrates new knowledge into their practice, takes the initiative to learn new techniques and procedures, and shares skills and information with the healthcare team.
6. Collaborates and maintains positive working relationships between all PHHS staff. Provides patient-centered care with a focus on good customer service and patient satisfaction.
7. Maintains and implements knowledge of all applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact their respective APP fields. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Maintains current professional certifications and licensure as required by the organization and the APPs governing body. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding. Timely completion of all assigned modules and yearly PHHS obligations as defined by the corporate compliance department.
8. Identifies work processes and flows for the assigned department. Suggests appropriate changes to improve work effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of PHHS or the area. Participates in QA/QI projects. May participate in clinical research or clinical drug trials.
9. Assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring annual goals and objectives for the department that support the mission and objectives of PHHS and the department. Attends regular staff meetings. Serves on multi-disciplinary committees as selected and assigned.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Registered Nurse, Nurse Midwife, Labor and Delivery, Medical, Healthcare
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Change Management