To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brentwood, TN 37027
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Support Specialist PRN Virtual
Healthtrust • Brentwood, TN
Posted 26 days ago
DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Patient Support Specialist
Job Summary – The Patient Support Specialist handles account inquiries from patients (primarily via incoming calls), reviews account information, takes appropriate actions to resolve patient inquiries, works with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances, and enters actions into the appropriate system. This job has regular contact with internal and external customers and requires regular outreach to patients.
Supervisor – Support Services Manager
- Communicate with customers by phone or via electronic media to obtain information needed to resolve inquiries in accordance with department policies and procedures
- Review patient account information in various systems, perform research as necessary, and take appropriate action to resolve patient inquiry
- Document patient inquiry and actions taken into the appropriate system
- Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances
- Escalate patient complaints to the appropriate individual or department based on the nature of the complaint
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
- Create a positive patient experience through listening, understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating in a friendly manner, and handling patients with a consummately professional attitude
- Meet and maintain established departmental performance metrics for production and quality
- Maintain working knowledge of workflow, systems, and tools used in the department
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, utilizing proper punctuation and correct spelling
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients, and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes; able to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands; able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player; demonstrates adaptability, analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail; and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and transcribe accurately
Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in a contact center environment.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions– Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA Category– The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.