To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Facility Manager
BGIS North America • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
BGIS is currently seeking a Corporate Facility Manager to join the team in Birmingham, AL.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you’re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada’s Green 30 companies since 2010.
The Corporate Facility Manager, is responsible for operations and budget management, service delivery management, project management, client relationship management, health and safety, and emergency preparedness and business continuity for an assigned portfolio.
At this position level, the individual is responsible for:
Facilities of moderate complexity; and/or
Contract requirements of moderate complexity
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns the client relationship with Relationship Managers, Landlords and Corporate Contacts
- Works closely with the Workspace Management MAC Team
- Executes emergency preparedness, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Acts as the focal point of contact and collaborates with Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Team to ensure ongoing compliance with all health and safety related legislation and requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients, landlords and vendors. Ensures ongoing client satisfaction.
- Acts as the focal point of escalation for issues pertaining to facilities managed.
- Responsible for inventory management in collaboration
- Manage Work Orders
- Landlord Management
- Financial Management
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction
- Recommends solutions and implements appropriate actions for issues
EDUCATION, JOB-RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Associate Degree or equivalent training
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than one year up to three years
Knowledge & Skills
- 1 to 3 years of facility management work experience; or 3 to 5 years of facility-related work experience
- Facility operations and maintenance management abilities
- Proficiency with facility equipment and building systems
- Service delivery management abilities
- Budget management abilities
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcome
- Client relationship management abilities
- Ability to lead and engage a team of individuals
- Vendor management abilities
- High degree of client service orientation and sense of urgency
- Project management abilities
- Emergency preparedness and business continuity planning and execution abilities
- Possesses a sustainability mindset and seeks to incorporate sustainable practices within assigned portfolio where possible
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements. Possesses a high degree of safety mindset
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset and seeks to continuously improve processes and incorporate best practices where applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of and developing ability to implement facility management services best practices.
- Knowledge of current building standards, code and legislative requirements
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.