To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SOX Audit Manager
Grainger • Lake Forest, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The SOX Audit Manager manages a team in the performance of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls testing in accordance with acceptable audit standards and within prescribed timelines and budgets. The SOX Audit Manager also provides supervision, coaching, development and training to senior and staff level auditors.
- Manages finance and IT auditors in the planning and execution of SOX controls testing for the global organization, including creation and compilation of audit evidence and documentation in a manner consistent with department standards and to support conclusions reached
- Reviews and approves audit documentation including planning assessments, test documentation and deficiency communications
- Collaborates with external auditor and the Global Internal Controls team in the planning, execution and reporting of SOX testing results, including walkthroughs, test of design and test of operating effectiveness
- Manage the team in documentation of exceptions and deficiencies, including working with process and control owners to develop remediation plans
- Prepares and communicates written and verbal results to audit leadership and business partners
- Manages audit team project completion to ensure milestones are achieved
- Provides supervision, coaching, development and training to team members
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external business partners
- Manage ongoing continuous improvement efforts to drive innovation
- Maintains professional certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree.
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred
Successful SOX Audit Manager Attributes:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of end-to-end processes, risks and internal controls
- Strong team and individual leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, deductive and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with operating, divisional and executive management
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Demonstration of emotional intelligence, professionalism and the highest level of integrity and ethics
- Ability to travel an estimated 5 to 10% per year
- Carry a laptop PC and other requisite equipment/supplies to remote audit assignments, on an as needed basis.
- Reports to Vice President of Internal Audit.
- Supervises Senior and Staff SOX Auditors
- Peer Relationships with divisional and corporate management, other managers, directors, vice presidents.
Must be able to assess the:
- Adequacy of internal controls for a business or information technology process and the effectiveness on mitigating associated business risks.
- Team skillsets, staffing and development needs including recruiting, retention and day to day management.
- Emerging industry and audit related risks and opportunities and how they apply to the Grainger business model.
- External - External auditors and third-party professional service providers (co sourcing of audit projects).
- Internal – Process and control owners, Internal Audit Director and Vice President, Controller
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.