Requisition ID: 127379
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Real Estate
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The Kiewit Service station is a new (2021) state-of-the-art facility, located in the new Kiewit headquarters building in north downtown Omaha. This amenity is available to all Kiewit employees, friends, and family. Services range from light to medium vehicle maintenance, repairs and parts replacement, vehicle inspections, vehicle cleaning, fueling and reference recommendations for vehicle work outside of Kiewit scope.
The Kiewit Service station is an amenity available to all Kiewit employees. Services range from light to medium vehicle maintenance, repairs and parts replacement, vehicle inspections, vehicle cleaning, fueling and reference recommendations for vehicle work outside of Kiewit scope.
This position is based out of our new state-of-the-art service station, located at Kiewit's headquarters in Omaha at 1550 Mike Fahey Street.
• Maintain vehicle functionality and condition by listening to customer concerns; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
• Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Examine various systems within cars to diagnose problems. Run computerized diagnostic tests to help them identify components that might be malfunctioning.
• Remove parts that are worn or not operating properly and replace them with new or used parts.
• Perform routine maintenance like oil, filter, belt changes, tire rotation and changes and wheel balancing according to schedules established by various car manufacturers.
• Discuss repairs with customers and provide estimates for unanticipated repairs.
• Discuss preventative maintenance with customers
• Implement strategies to increase Kiewit employee involvement
• Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
• Maintain supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Maintain shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Comply with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintain service station record and interface with Kiewit Real Estate on administrative matters.
• Propose continuous improvement within all operations and services of the service station.
• Modernize digital shop management systems
• Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Enthusiastic energy
• Punctual attendance & dependability
• Excellent time management skills
• Independent judgement and decision-making skills
• Safety Management
• Capable of solving complex problems
• Able to analyze and communicate information
• ASE certification is a plus
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Time Management