IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Director, General Manager - Hot Cereal
The Dir, Business Unit GM has P&L responsibility for Hot Cereal category within the larger Division portfolio. The role is responsible for 1) Defining overall strategy for the category to meet new and diverse customer requirements, establishing a clear vision and growth plan for the business; 2) Achieving the category financial goals as they align to Division goals; 3) Driving operational efficiencies across the business; and 4) Driving product development and R&D efforts for the category.
Scope: Category revenues of up to $250 million produced in two or three manufacturing plants
- Analyze and monitor customer insights, market and competitive data to pro-actively position the category for growth and profitability
- Create long range and annual business plans for the category that align with Division and Company strategic priorities and growth objectives
- Communicate the long range and annual plans effectively to insure cross functional alignment
- Partner with R&D to develop innovation plans to drive short and long term strategic objectives
- Partner with and influence the supply chain organization to insure optimal cost containment and service level attainment
- Leverage and influence the sales organization to manage customer relationships and execute key go-to-market tactics (pricing, merchandising, shelving, and assortment)
- Oversee the forecast process to manage capacity and ensure the right product is available to meet customer expectations
- Monitor performance against financial and operational goals and work cross functionally to drive corrective action
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8 years of progressive product management experience within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Project management experience in a cross functional environment
- Demonstrated financial acumen - preferred prior experience managing a full P&L
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Business or related field
Master's Degree Required -- Type: MBA or other related.
Entrepreneurial and customer focused mindset - Ability to navigate cross functionally to clear barriers, identify opportunities to create strategic product focused partnerships with customers
Financial Acumen - Ability to identify and implement margin improvement opportunities including supply chain efficiencies, ability to understand and manage P&L levers to achieve profitable growth
Analytical Skills - Proactively identify category trends and operational issues, prioritize limited resources to optimize short and long term results
Coaching and development - Motivate and align team members around common goals
Team Building and leadership - Cross functional teams working together to drive strategic priorities
Communications - Seek and understand different points of view while clearly articulating decisions
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback