To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West McLean, VA 22102
- Rosa Ballou
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Federal Construction Safety Officer
Cherokee Nation Businesses • West McLean, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Federal Construction Safety Officer Washington, DC (ID#13257)
The Safety Officer will be responsible for site safety and support the Site Superintendent, Construction Manager and Quality Officer with managing multiple trades on construction projects and maintaining quality control.
**Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) a plus**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- In conjunction with Superintendent, inspects the jobsite for safety violations and documents said violations.
- Conducts or participates in weekly safety meetings and safety inspections as outlined in the safety manual.
- Responsible for all safety reporting on the job site and to the corporate safety manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all site workers are properly trained and have the knowledge to work safely on our job sites
- Responsible for providing daily safety briefings for site workers.
- Reviews Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and conducts routine safety meetings and inspections.
- Support the Site Superintendent/Construction Manager as needed.
- Serve as project Site Safety Officer
- Provide support to interpret the contract documents to ensure complete conformance with plans and specifications.
- May support the project manager and/or site superintendent when directing subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction.
- May support the project manager/site superintendent when working with subcontractors to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- May confers with superintendent, subcontractors and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- May assist the quality officer in implementing the quality control management system.
- May assist in the inspection of work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- May assist in developing the most economical and schedule sensitive installation procedures.
- Abides by safety rules and regulations.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience including degree and field experience. Ex: Bachelors in a related field ( Ex: Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Construction Management) and 6 years’ experience, Associates in a related field and 8 years’ experience or 10 years specific field experience.
- 5 years continuous safety experience in supervising/managing safety programs or conducting hazard analysis
- Must currently hold the OSHA 30 or EM385-1-1 40 certificate
- Specific education or training in the following areas is a bonus
- Asbestos Abatement, Concrete Masonry, Formwork/Shoring, Confined Space, Excavation/Trenching, Soil Classification, Electrical/LOTO, Equipment/Machinery, Fall Protection, HAZCOM, HAZMAT, Industrial Hygiene, Lead Compliance, Mold Remediation, Scaffolding/Ladders Underground Construction Welding/Cutting etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Possess knowledge of all facets of ground up building construction.
- Computer skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows applications including Microsoft Office . Experience with Microsoft Project 2007, Prolog Project Manager and/or USACE QCS is preferred.
- Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must have construction safety experience. Completion of an OSHA Construction 30-hour course is mandatory. Must be familiar with 29 CFR 1926.
- Must have strong knowledge and working familiar with EM-385-1-1
- Currently CPR Certified preferable
- Federal Government experience with the following agencies: NAVFAC, WHS, DOD, BIA etc.
- Frequent walking
- Lifting up to 40lbs.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf