To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Olgoonik • Denver, CO
Posted 29 days ago
This position will perform maintenance, installation, repair, and troubleshooting work involved with electrical distribution systems in relationship to the level of Apprentice training. Electrical work may be performed in a number of areas including heating, refrigeration, motors, fire alarms, and generator equipment. Work involves technical application of electrical principles. Work will be on various military installations.
- Installs, services, and repairs lighting fixtures, electrical panels, outlets, and wiring.
- Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
- Installs, repairs, and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
- Constructs and maintains service equipment.
- Reads electrical circuit diagrams.
- Transfers primary power from one power source to another.
- Installs conductors, splices cable, builds terminations, and does necessary hook-ups for primary power lines.
- Sets poles, strings overhead lines, and does overhead line maintenance.
- Lays underground conduit for electrical lines and installs low voltage electric lines and conduits for telephone systems.
- Performs other related work as required.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Apprentice level wireman in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operating setting required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment, and systems used in the electrical trade required.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC 2008 and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade required.
- Inspection of, identification, and knowledge of all electrical distribution systems (24-12K volts) required.
- Knowledge of methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment required.
- Knowledge of safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment required.
- Ability to complete forklift operation, lock out tag out, fall arrest, confined space, MSDS, asbestos and lead identification, ladder safety, emergency evacuation, OSHA, and respirator training and certifications required.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Must be able to pass a background check to get on a military base.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet, safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades, handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical and other environmental hazards. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspect of project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.