Kelly Services is hiring Test Technicians for our Aerospace Client located in Irvine, Ca. These openings will be contract for a duration of 3-6 months working on 1st Shift. Test Technicians will perform simple and complex tests, troubleshooting, and repair operations on electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and components. May be required to perform highly diversified product or component testing involving a wide scope of electrical tests. May qualify product to instrument/customer technical specifications.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Perform simple and complex electrical and mechanical tests, troubleshooting, and repair operations on electronic assemblies, sub-assemblies and components.
- Record performance results, analyse defect results, interpret variances or unpredicted changes in equipment or product which may affect results of multi-test operations and data gathering. Suggest resolution/solutions and may test and implement solutions. Work with suppliers/customers to troubleshoot components.
- Document the results of troubleshooting/failure analysis of failed product to maintain records and provide corrective and preventive action in accordance to procedures.
- Replace components or build custom fixtures for product testing based on engineering instructions.
- Support Test Department with test plan development, production requests, customer responses, test design, and creation of documentation.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and operational work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
•Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing Testing of electronic devices in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to track and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with several simultaneous projects. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively. Able to present information and respond to questions with peers, managers, clients, customers, and the general public on technical subjects.
- Able to follow complex schematic diagrams, assembly drawings and test specifications. Ability to develop logical troubleshooting techniques based on an understanding of the product performance and test requirements.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret graphs and test results.