Mon Ami Gabi in Bethesda Now Seeking An Assistant General Manager … Join Our Leadership Team!
Are you ready for your next big career move? Join the Mon Ami Gabi team on Bethesda Row as an Assistant General Manager
and make a real impact with your leadership skills! We’re looking for a team player who is experienced in managing a high-volume restaurant. More importantly, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for food, guest service and caring …care for our guests, each other, and ourselves.
If this sounds like where you’re at in your career, consider taking your talent to the Mon Ami Gabi team – please apply today! EOE. E-Verify. Requirements:
Not ready to apply? Join Our Talent Network - URL blocked - click to apply!
- 5+ years of experience managing a high-volume restaurant
- Experienced in running a dining room floor in a structured, systems-driven environment
- Skilled in communication based on relationship & mutual respect
- Ability to think on your feet and stay organized in a busy environment
- Ability to create genuine rapport with guests in a polished manner
Lettuce Entertain You and award-winning Chef Gabino Sotelino created Mon Ami Gabi
in 1998, bringing authentic French bistro dining to this side of the Atlantic. Our menu features classics such as Onion Soup Au Gratin with bubbling baked gruyere, Roast Chicken & Frites grand-mere style with mushrooms, bacon and pearl onions, as well as the trademark Steak Frites made fresh each and every day. Mon Ami Gabi has locations in Chicago, IL; Oak Brook, IL; Bethesda, MD; Las Vegas, NV; and Reston, VA. We Offer:
Lettuce Entertain You is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We Participate in E-Verify. POSITION SUMMARY:
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus program
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Nonsmoking working environment
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall operation of a single restaurant as well as overseeing Back of House functions. Work with the General Manager and Executive Chef in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees.
- Assist GM with training, coaching and development of management team in areas including: LEYE culture, systems, policies and procedures, personal growth, operational and financial knowledge, interpersonal skills, and organizational techniques.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Schedule, conduct, and document employee performance reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Be hands on with all FOH positions to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Assign employee workstations.
- Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Have thorough understanding of and practice LEYE Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
- Review and amend agenda for shift service meetings (to be conducted by shift manager).
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Create atmosphere including lighting, music, and temperature levels.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Ensure adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
- Work with Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate ticket times.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of equipment and utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, Kronos, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Train Back of House employees.
- Complete daily food orders i.e. produce, meat, dry goods, fish/seafood etc.
- Meet daily with Chef/Kitchen Manager to ensure preparation quantities for all meal periods.
- Inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
- Assist General Manager with all financial aspects of the restaurant.
- Responsible for the security of, and balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Become proficient in and assist the General Manager with all restaurant financial procedures.
- Track high cost items according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory.
- Lead by example.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Pass a food and beverage test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Pass an Alcohol Awareness test in English with a score of 90% or more.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers, partners, corporate staff and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Accessibility varies by location