For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Formulations Technician 1 for our Safety Assessment group site located Ashland, Oh.
The Formulations Technician is responsible for preparation of test materials and dietary admixtures for dose administration, as well as, inventory and final disposition of test materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Read and review relevant sections in study protocols and amendments, and follow directions therein.
- Assist in setting up calculation/verification data prior to study initiation.
- Verify preparation of test materials prior to dose administration.
- Prepare test article/substance dosage solution/suspension(s), ensure preparation procedures and calculations are standardized, performed consistently and recorded correctly by the technical personnel.
- Prepare labels and samples.
- Receive all incoming test articles/substances and reagents.
- Review documentation for the use of all test articles/substances and vehicles/reagents to ensure consistency and correctness.
- Collect analytical samples and ship to outside testing facility.
- Return test article/substance(s) from completed studies to sponsor.
- Calculate basic mathematical calculations related to sample preparations (stock standards, serial dilutions).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum requirements related to the Formulations Technician I position.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in chemistry/pharmacy or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in pharmacy.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet