To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Hubbell Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Support designated product line in the areas of product development, product line maintenance, production release, production support, and product applications. This position will require working with a variety business departments including: Marketing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, New Product Engineering, Customer Service, Field Sales and Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests, testing and interfacing with various departments including operations, manufacturing engineering, sourcing, new product development & quality departments)
- Engineering designs and analysis with an 80% emphasis in Mechanical Engineering & 20% in Electrical Engineering. Focus will be in the area of High Voltage Transmission Line hardware and assemblies.
- Review of customer specifications and requirements for project needs and provide solutions with existing product offering combinations. For instances where existing product offerings do not exist, part modifications or new products will need to be developed.
- Interface closely with Marketing Team members to develop the technical documents necessary for bidding packages. Required information will include drawings, costs, test reports and any other documents needed.
- Participate in or lead lean initiatives related to product line development, support, and maintenance.
- Maintain and create AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor 2-D and 3-D files needed for Marketing or Manufacturing needs.
- Perform or oversee mechanical and electrical testing required for product development and maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Field Sales and Customers in the areas of product performance, applications, and maintenance.
- Assist in product training activities that may involve internal staffing or customer training events.
- Very limited travel requirements involving off-site testing of products, Marketing support, field review of product applications or training activities.
- AutoDesk Inventor 2D/3D knowledge and Microsoft Office proficiencies
Ability to travel on business related trips (limited travel needs); ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required; able to walk around the manufacturing shop floor and lift 50 pounds as needed (part inspection, part fit check, product testing, etc.)
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.