CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0704 Corporate HR, Exempt
The Manager, Human Resources – Manufacturing is a key member of the HR leadership team. The role is accountable for facilitating enterprise-wide consistency on human resource strategies, policies and processes across all manufacturing sites. This involves leading through influence to ensure balance between the business operational needs at each location with the needs for scalable and consistent processes for the enterprise. The Manager, Human Resources – Manufacturing serves a critical role in the HR service delivery model by acting as the main conduit between the HR generalist function in the manufacturing facilities and the various specialist and administrative functions. The role involves managing both internal and external resources, hands-on involvement and interfacing with all levels of management with a strong degree of business acumen.
- Serves as a first point of contact for the manufacturing HR managers on issues requiring support from specialist HR teams and ensures that any issues or concerns are handled in a timely manner.
- Supports manufacturing HR managers on people related issues and policy interpretation.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring changes in employment laws and, in conjunction with HR Governance and Legal, implementing new policies as required.
- Coordinates with the Employee and Leadership Development team to create and implement appropriate training related to HR compliance.
- Conducts HR generalist technical training needs assessments.
- Develops and conducts training based on the assessments.
- Ensures all annual processes (performance reviews, talent management, goal setting, mid-year developmental conversations, open enrollment, etc.) are communicated and completed.
- Provides any assistance needed in the execution of the processes.
- Manages on-boarding, training and assimilation for all new HR managers.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a single site for HR training materials and compliance requirements.
- Manages communication to the manufacturing HR teams including conducting weekly and monthly conference calls.
- Maintains all field HR activity calendar.
- Serves as a change agent on a variety of HR related projects.
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements.
- Ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed.
- Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
- Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Ten years of relevant work experience with roles of increasing responsibility with a minimum of 5 years in Human Resources with a strong working knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures and related employment law. Experience as human resource manager in a manufacturing plant is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field required. Graduate degree in Organizational Development or other Human Resources related field a plus.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to utilize HR tools and analytics to enhance business results.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading change on a significant HR project utilizing disciplined change management tools and processes.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent oral, written and influence skills.
- The incumbent is expected to identify and/or develop opportunities for HR to provide or assist in business solutions contributing to the effectiveness of individual units or the company as a whole.
- Technically proficient in all role-related aspects, the incumbent is expected to contribute both personally and marshal and manage additional resources when necessary.
- Traveling and visiting plant locations will approximately be 20% or more, as necessary.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal URL blocked - click to apply and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: URL blocked - click to apply.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the URL blocked - click to apply
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or contact us at URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply