Ameris Bank is a purpose-driven company, dedicated to bringing financial peace of mind to communities, one person at a time. Whether a customer wants to grow their business, buy a home, or feel confident in their retirement plan, they have a partner in Ameris Bank. We serve customers in our locations across the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and nationwide through our extensive digital offerings and mobile app.
Delivering financial peace of mind starts with a team that values integrity and rewards ingenuity. At Ameris, you’ll find teammates who are inclusive, collaborative problem-solvers who go the extra mile to support one another and to meet every customer’s needs. When teammates are empowered and bring their diverse perspectives to the table, we create the best possible outcomes for our customers. At Ameris, we know that a growth mindset is key for high performance and fosters an environment that prioritizes continuous improvement. Teammates have access to Employee Resource Groups that serve as advocates and allies as well as professional development opportunities to drive ongoing education. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Accountant (Hybrid Remote) and how you can bring it to life as an Ameris Bank teammate.
The Senior Accountant operates as a right hand to the manager of the team where they are posted and is a leader among their teammates. The position is responsible for reviewing entries and reconciliations, helping to troubleshoot and resolve issues, reconcile the more complex bank activity, and help drive process improvements. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Obtains data, formats, and reconciles activity as assigned
- Prepares journal entries, either scheduled or ad hoc
- Reviews journal entries of junior accountants/specialists
- Reviews reconciliations of junior accountants/specialists
- Collaborates and shares responsibility in facilitating and completing month-end close in order to prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assists in requests for information/reports and gathering related documentation for internal auditors, external auditors, management, etc.
- Prepares and analyze account reconciliations related to core bank activity, researching with other business units for resolution of reconciling items
- Escalates issues found to management and assists in the formulation of strategies to resolve and/or prevent future issues of the same type
- Train accountants/specialists
- Identifies process improvements from available resources and presents for implementation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting principles based on GAAP and best practices
- Detail oriented and organized in work and ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proficient in Excel (formulas, macros, pivot tables, and shortcuts)
- Able to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, and management to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Excellent communication skills
Industry and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ accounting experience
- Financial Institution experience strongly preferred
- FIS (core processor) experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge and familiarity with accounting functions, practices, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA a plus
- CPA Preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Attention To Detail
- Consolidated Accounting
- Financial Institution