To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waikoloa Village, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance I - Carpenter -Temporary
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • Waikoloa Village, HI
Posted 18 days ago
What will I be doing?
- Plan, layout and supervise special projects and repair and maintenance Projects. Diagnose recurring furniture, hardware and structural failure problems and develop repair solutions.
- Maintain and repair doors, furniture, hardware, windows, hang art work and headboards, etc. This will involve climbing on ladders (up to 30 feet), stooping, pushing or pulling heavy furniture with wheeled assistance, and grasping hand tools. Visually inspect, diagnose problems, take measurements and make necessary adjustments to items such as door hardware to ensure safe, smooth operation of guestrooms, public space and back of house facilities. This will involve the extension of arms to replace ceiling tiles, lifting and positioning of sheetrock, replacing chair rails and corner moldings, kneeling to repair wood floors and Formica work. Work in confined spaces and awkward positions, requiring crouching, kneeling, stooping and reaching overhead for extended periods of time is required.
- Perform shop work to repair or build furniture. Identify types and grades of wood, measure and be familiar with hardware materials available to the carpentry trade. Experiences in using shop equipment such as; table saw, drill press, band saw, electric planner and router are required. With the materials and tools available, build cabinets, shelving units and fabricate furniture parts for repairs. The individual will be required to lift materials with wheeled assistance, and have finger dexterity to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
- Respond to customer/office requests throughout the facility by telephone, 2-way radio, or in person, using clear, verbal English, in the basic trades of carpentry, masonry, mechanical work to make necessary repairs and/or to accommodate the customers'/offices' needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Obtain work order from Property Operations Office. Following completion of shift log, describe work assigned and completed, logging unfinished jobs following established procedures.
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies and equipment through written or verbal communication.
What are we looking for?
High school diploma preferred. Tradeschool or Apprenticeship Program desired
8years experience or Training in carpentry, stone masonry, Tile masonry, masonryRoofing, metal work or Millwork. 3 Plus years of Supervisory experience.
Type 3 Hawaii Drivers License required.Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. CPR Certificate and FirstAid Tratining preferred.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge of skilled trade activities in 2 of these areas: carpentry, stone masonry, Tile masonry, masonry Roofing, metal work and Millwork.
- Ability plan and to work on projects with little or no direct supervision, ability to supervise others.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations.
- Extensive Knowledge of lumber (i.e. grade and types), hardware and other related supplies. Thorough knowledge of local building codes
- Skill in use of power and hand tools, such as planner, table saw, drill press, chisels, rasps, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift, electric cart, electric lift, and pick-up truck.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to complete logs, read blueprints and mechanical drawings, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials, areas covered, layout plans and prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations using a calculator.
- Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs. using a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance.
- Ability to perform task consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel, both indoors and outdoors for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment. Ability to use equipment and machinery and manipulate materials in various ways such as cutting, sawing, grinding, sanding, gripping, soldering and securing materials together.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!