The Travel & Expense (T&E) Program Administrator will be responsible for customizing and managing the company’s Travel & Expense Policy, System, Interfaces and Processes to meet both the business and policy needs of each business unit. The position will proactively build a more scalable onboarding and training process for booking travel and completing expense reports, while ensuring compliance. The T&E Program Administrator also plays a significant role in selecting and negotiating with the Company’s preferred travel partners.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Develop and issue Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the travel category, evaluate vendor responses, make vendor selection decisions.
• Negotiate corporate travel rates and programs for hotels, airlines, rental cars, meetings etc.
• Serve as the Central Administrator of the Concur Travel & Expense system, responsible for the unique configurations of each business unit.
• Maintain and evolve the library of audit rules in Concur, used to manage and automate enforcement of the company’s T&E Policy.
• Periodically review the Company’s T&E policy and make recommendations to senior management to update the policy as needed
• Take the lead in working with business unit Finance leaders to customize Concur in order to meet any policy needs unique to their BU.
• Monitor each business unit’s departmental structure to ensure the HR, Concur, and ERP systems remain in sync, while building a more formal change management process.
• Develop expertise in using Concur’s reporting tools (on both the travel and expense sides) to disseminate summary information to company’s senior leadership team
• Maintain database of travel related contracts; proactively manage contract renewals and extensions
• Load and update all preferred vendors, negotiated rates, and audit rules to ensure compliance.
• Support future implementations of Concur Travel & Expense.
• Continue to develop improved, scalable training materials for simple onboarding of new users.
• Take the lead in resolving technical questions about Concur received from Finance or Shared Services representatives across the company
• Other project work supporting the Strategic Sourcing department as required
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Computer Science, or related field.
• Professional work experience in travel, expense, accounts payable, audit, shared services, or related field is required Experience using Concur Travel & Expense is preferred
• Excellent verbal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to listen and to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals and in presentations to groups.
• Excellent written communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively compose correspondence which communicates messages effectively using appropriate tone, grammar, and word usage.
• Ability to multi-task between many different tasks and projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel
Concur, T&E, Travel and expense, Administrator, Program Administrator