The Field Service Engineer I- Life Support, provides specialty medical equipment services under the supervision of BSI management. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, performing preventive maintenance inspections, installation support, testing, calibration, troubleshooting and maintenance on life support equipment such as; anesthesia, ventilators, defibrillators, etc. Secondary duties include providing equipment maintenance support on general medical equipment, as needed. This individual shall be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of the duties. Collaborates and maintains positive relationships with customers. Pride and professionalism, as well as technical expertise, must be exhibited at all times for the success of all concerned. Maintains a department "culture" that is patient-focused and participates in teamwork, quality, integrity and professional growth upholding the Prime Healthcare Mission and Vision at all times. Provides a positive representation of Bio-Medical Services, Inc. by integrating core values into job performance. Travel up to 70% of the time. Responsibilities
Performs preventive maintenance inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and operation verification procedures on complex and intricate specialty Life Support equipment.
Repair, support install, and calibrates complex and intricate specialty biomedical equipment.
Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any concerns.
Performs Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
Responsible for ensuring all service documentation is complete, accurate and timely entered into the BSI work order management system.
Competent in the use of applicable CMMS software for asset inventory management, work order entry, tracking, and reporting module.
Provides alternate solution to supervisor for critical and complex issues. Assists in decision making prior to implementation.
Adheres to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures.
Participates in special projects as assigned.
Exhibits positive and proactive customer service skills.
Serves as a technical advisor to the clinical staff for the safe operation and proper use of Life Support equipment.Qualifications
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
• Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 0-1 yrs. experience or Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 3 yrs. experience servicing Life Support medical equipment.
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, electro-mechanical and electronic fundamentals, medical equipment function and operation, safety in healthcare facilities, and medical equipment troubleshooting required.
• Ability to travel 70% of the time.
• Strong knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA, other applicable standards and regulations required.
• Strong planning and organization, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solution.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to write reports and make presentations on operational and technical issues.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
• Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blue prints.
• Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf