Job ID: 44434
IT Helpdesk Specialist. A contract-to-hire opportunity is currently available with our Columbus, Ohio client for an IT Helpdesk Specialist. This role will be expected to provide basic to mid-level end-user support and technical guidance for customers by monitoring ticketing queues and taking service desk phone calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues and create appropriate solutions based on findings.
- Coordinate and manage solution implementation and releases.
- Consult with users to determine needs, system's requirements and functional specifications. Must be able to interface with non-technical users such as Sales Team, Client Executives and remote users.
- Efficiently manage own work schedule with minimal supervision.
- Use appropriate software tools to track and publish work status.
- Use independent judgment to initiate escalation of issues based on monitoring and analysis work queues.
- Design, document, create, test, implement and maintain computer scripts or programs to meet user needs or as solutions to resolve technical problems.
- Work independently and as a project team member on multiple projects and with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Continual analysis of processes, procedures and workflows to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain process and procedure documentation.
- Manage and supervise support vendors.
- Use software for asset tracking, inventory, and maintenance contracts.
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
- Work with infrastructure engineers and be able to backup duties as needed.
- Promote the mission and core values of the company as well as the concept of Coordinated Health/Care.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Some computer hardware, software and systems technical support experience preferred
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, Cisco, MCP, MCSE or equivalent
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; strong customer service abilities
- Able to write reports, business correspondence
- Some experience in customer service preferred
- Computer skills: Systems analysis; Microsoft Office applications, Windows 7-10 OS, iOS
- High technical aptitude
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must be able to carry out complex technical instructions
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
To view all our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)