Major Gifts Specialist is to design, develop, and implement the major gift program. They will craft personalized relationship management strategies and position senior leadership for deeper engagement with existing major gifts prospects.
- Generate initial screenings, general prospect lists, prospect and donor profiles, bios and other pertinent donor/prospect-related information.
- Assign major gift donors and prospects to relationship management portfolios for senior leadership.
- Manage systems and software to track and maintain updated information on donor portfolios.
- Develop donor-specific engagement plans to advance the food bank-s relationship with major donors and prospects.
- Craft personalized content for senior leadership to deliver to major donors.
- Coordinate with all development staff to align efforts of other revenue channels.
- Assist board and other staff with the planning and execution of solicitations, including face-to-face solicitations.
- Provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel and help with donor communications.
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
- Track and report progress using specified metrics.
- Manage bi-weekly prospect review/moves management meetings with all portfolio managers.
- Prompt senior leadership with scheduled moves and touches to build relationships and steward major donors.
- Bachelor-s Degree required.
- Two or more years of non-profit fundraising experience preferred.
- Good communication skills, including writing and speaking.
- Self-starter with skills to be organized, prepared, detail oriented and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and processes.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with entering and extracting data from databases.
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year. Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices. Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.