LMI is a Junior Enterprise Architect at a customer site in Springfield, VA to support the Transportation Security Administration. Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, this role will accomplish day-to-day task management from higher headquarters and key stakeholders. LMI is a non-profit government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
The candidate will be responsible for designing efficient and sustainable data architecture that are able to meet the present and future needs of the organization. Work also entails design, implementation and utilization of IT products within the organization. Duties may include:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to gather architecture artifacts from authoritative data sources
- Conduct data collection, organization and analysis
- Ensure the data foundation to be implemented are in synchronization with the needs of the business organization
- Apply analytical techniques in innovative ways
- Collaborate with solution architects and system architects to provide enterprise solutions
- Assist Government Architects to improve data analytics processes
- Provide expertise to ensure products meet enterprise standards for conducting, sustaining, and adapting to the business mission.
- The contractor will attend meetings as required on behalf of customer and provide technical analysis of meetings and documents to support the customer.
- Assist business managers in developing policies and guidelines regarding the design and implementation of IT within the enterprise
- Works with the existing service delivery, engineering and enterprise operations teams to support on-going processes and activities
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with Subject Matter Experts regarding enterprise business intelligence (BI) solutions, ERPs, and EA
- Ensure the timely completion of enterprise IT projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Strong business acumen to align organizational mission and strategies to IT solutions
- Experience with AWS migration, administration
- Experience with DevOps
- Familiarity with physical and logical data modeling and data architecture tools
- Experience with virtualization, containers, and Microservices a plus
- Must possess an active Secret Clearance, for which you must be a US Citizen
Candidate must possess the following skills:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write and edit a variety of general business correspondence, management reports, technical presentations, training material, proposals and position papers.
- Must be comfortable interacting with key leadership, be articulate, and be proactive.
- Must be able to work in a highly charged and fast-paced environment to prioritize and complete assigned tasks based on guidance from senior leadership. Interacts with staff at all levels and across organizational teams.