To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockmart, GA 30153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Materials Engineer
MEGGITT • Rockmart, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Materials Engineer provides significant expertise on complex material issues used in manufacturing and production processes. Develops materials specifically designed to endure and perform in unique environments for new and existing products to customer specifications.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Participates in the material selection process, ensuring alignment with component specification requirements
- Uses significant expertise in providing complex technical support for new projects and evaluates new materials and processes
- Provides expertise in supporting manufacturing through process development and fault investigation
- Compiles material and process specifications and technical report
- Reduces costs and improves materials processes using best practices and professional knowledge
- Partners with internal departments and makes recommendations relating to material and processing issues
- Acts as a resource for colleagues, providing knowledge and a range of expertise
- Maintains project files and appropriate records of work
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- The primary duties in this job require analysis, interpretation or deductions from facts, available information and data. Requirements involve the comparison and the evaluation of possible results or solutions after considering various possibilities and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or Material Science
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise with complex materials engineering solutions
- Advanced knowledge of elastomer-based materials and processes, manufacturing processes and obsolescence management
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Experience in working with a development team in creating a material for a particular need
- Knowledge of regulations such as REACH, NESHAP, etc.
- Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Basic understanding of Project Management
- Basic understanding and utilization of Root Cause and Corrective Action processes and tools
- Familiarity with instrumentation for material analysis
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].