Drives Systems EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Drives Systems Engineer, for various IAPI Solutions engineering projects in Process Automation Process Industries in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager - Paper Drives System, you will be responsible for the design, testing and commissioning of Drive Systems which effectively utilize ABB supplied products & technology. Under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced engineer, perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.Your responsibilities
- Perform various engineering tasks including creating main power single line diagrams, plant level circuit diagrams, communication overview diagrams, signal lists, system software solutions, testing of hardware and software and startup/commissioning while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information, including national electrical codes.
- Prepare purchase specifications, using ABB sizing & pricing tools and related documents in accordance with the project requirements, national electrical codes, established formats and general instructions. Review/approve factory product drawings, both from ABB factories and 3rd party suppliers. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct or coordinate engineering analyses and tests, and prepare related reports and summaries, for review. Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Most of the work will be carried out in the Wauwatosa WI office, but some travel is required for factory tests, customer meetings and commissioning work.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, and 2 years' experience in automation projects, drives, systems, design.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Open to travel about 25%
- Preferred experience: 4 years of experience with design, test and commission of Drives systems, which include controls, design, programming, etc.
- Experience in Pulp & Paper industry is highly preferred. Experience in Metals is also preferred.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Drives Systems Engineer http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Drives Systems Engineer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Electrical Engineering
- Circuit Diagrams
- Engineering Management
- Customer Satisfaction