Service Desk Engineer II. With our continued growth, the IT Service Desk Engineer will join a growing team. As an IT professional, you will service our day-to-day corporate operations. Ensure maximum user system operability by providing high quality and prompt technical support to internal and remote customers regards to applications, hardware, software, infrastructure and basic networking issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Handle initial and escalation user support and requests for over 1000 employees.
* Support will be provided both remote and in person.
* Follow-up on all incidents and requests until they are completed and inform the user of successful completion or resolution.
* Support Workstations, Desktops, Laptops, Mobile Devices & Deployment of Hardware/Software
* Create and maintain a knowledge base containing subsections for all supported software and hardware.
* Maintain the incident tracking database. Ensure that incidents are timely input, regularly updated and entered in a clear and concise manner. Provide reports as necessary.
* Maintain parts and consumable inventory, ensuring that minimum stocking levels are always available.
* Represent IT to user community in a professional and service-oriented manner.
* Provide IT Operations backup support when necessary.
* Work on special projects for IT senior management.
* Answering technical calls and providing phone or remote support.
* Creating/maintaining service ticket and knowledge databases.
* Research events and alerts for potential resolutions to client and server issues.
* Provide new user orientation for IT services provided.
* Work closely with the Operations & Network team to resolve networking and operation issues.
* Advanced remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and AWS Workspaces.
* Technical expert involving Microsoft's core business applications (AD, DNS, Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, etc.), VMware Virtualization, and Client Operating Systems.
* Assist in keeping our remote monitoring systems up to date and alerts current.
* Customer support liaison for large scale issues and remediation.
* Maintain internal and/or client-facing documentation as changes or knowledge is found.
* Replacement and support of peripheral devices
* Conduct training for end users
* Manage Outlook permissions
* Update and revise policies and procedures
* Building images for workstations and deployment
* Provide Video Teleconferencing end user support and assistance
Skills & Experience Required:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the needs of the business.
* Office365 Administration including Teams, OneDrive, & SharePoint.
* Be available for occasional special projects that take place after normal operating hours.
* Participate in implementing user account management processes, print-service management, and maintaining optimized connectivity between systems.
* Provide assistance to team members in researching new technologies, developing short range plans intended to evaluate alternate, customer focused IT products.
* Maintain an extensive depth of knowledge concerning the most recent technological advances, anticipated designs and future products on the horizon.
* Strong experience within a Windows 10 Enterprise environment.
* Hardware image creation & deployment/components, troubleshooting.
* Experience using JIRA or other ticketing systems.
* ITIL Foundation Certification is a plus.
* Certifications such as MCP (Windows 10) is a plus.
* User account administration/permissions.
* Perform MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes) duties.
* Microsoft technology stacks (Office, Active Directory).
* End user hardware: notebooks, desktops, peripherals, monitors, mobile devices.
* High volume networked multi-function printers support.
* Knowledge of Windows 10 with Mac OS X knowledge extra.
* PowerShell scripting.
* Associate degree or equivalent experience.
* Strong written and oral communications skills are required.
* Excellent attention to detail.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call
888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
Server (Computer Science)
Amazon Web Services