Use your Social Worker-Case Management Experience
Help Launch Our New Team
Rare Disease-Underserved Patient Population
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Social Workers-Case Managers as we launch an inaugural team of eight “Case Coordinators” Nationally. This team of Social Workers/Case Managers will have the unique opportunity to work with a major pharmaceutical company as our Amplity Health Employee.
The Case Coordinators will provide patient education, reimbursement and case management support. Working with physicians, hospital staff, patients, caregivers and reimbursement staff. This is not a sales position. If you have a passion for helping patients, ready to develop your social work/case management experience in new ways, wish to be rewarded for your dedication to help underserved, often low- income patients with multiple healthcare complications please read further.
This is a remote based position. You will be working from your home office. It is anticipated 50% remote approved compliant outbound communication via phone, email, etc, from your home office and 50% making face-to-face PCP office/patient visits. You will be fully trained, and supported to be successful in this role.
You will be an Amplity Health Employee collaborating with our long-standing pharmaceutical client. Very generous base salary, bonus potential (not sales related), approved business expenses, travel reimbursement, 401K, Heath, Dental, Vision, Paid PTO, additional Flex and paid holidays are all just a part of this comprehensive and highly competitive compensation package. *
Los Angeles-San Francisco- Covers: Phx Arizona, Los Angeles, LA County, Orange County, San Francisco
*Those living in current territory and familiarity with their regions will be considered-No Relocation Provided
Detailed below an overview of the three primary categories of this position, Reimbursement, Education and Case Management. Examples are not all inclusive but a general overview. If these match well with your background and you are ready for a rewarding and well-compensated career opportunity, meet the educational and experience requirements please apply at once. Reimbursement Services
- Facilitate Benefits Investigation/Verification process with respect to the Product and liaise with Client reimbursement hub. Interaction with HCP’s and their staff regarding coverage for the product reimbursement hub process.
- Product coverage, reimbursement approved information and address patient questions about Product coverage requirements. Help patient understand his/her insurance benefit options, in cases where patient health information is available because of patient Service Request Form. Coordinate with other Case Coordinators and client reimbursement hub representatives, and, as appropriate, with the Client and reimbursement managers
- Educate patients on this rare disease and Product utilizing approved Client materials only.
- Make recurring outbound educational calls to patients that have opted-in to receive such calls to discuss a variety of topics related to their disease and use of the Product. Maintain knowledge of their disease and Product, including important safety information
Education and Experience:Required:
- Provide information to patients and caregivers about resources that provide logistical support to eligible patients
- Provide information to patients and caregivers about local and national financial support programs
- Utilize all technology requirements: activity reports, and other reports as needed, Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years Case Management or Social Work experience in a Healthcare setting
- Must be able to successfully complete Amplity Health and Client training
- Ability to drive or fly to assigned targets within the territory.
- Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions and ability to travel overnight- up to 50% travel
- Being able to perform in a regulated industry and comply with applicable laws and policies
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed Social Worker or Certified Case Manager
- Masters Degree
- Experience in public or private third-party Reimbursement arena
- Experience with specialty products acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks
- Experience with coding, billing and in office support programs
- Specialty pharmacy experience with ability to explain the entire process from script to injection
- Knowledge of Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies and processes, Knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors, as well as Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems a plus,
- Advanced knowledge of medical insurance terminology
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment to successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to interact with people at all levels inside and outside of the company
- Empathy, drive, positive competitive spirit and commitment to great service
- Problem solving and solid analytical reasoning to make sound business decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Please include with your resume, a cover letter why you are a good fit for this role. ABOUT US
A true partner to global healthcare companies, Amplity Health builds transformational solutions by challenging boundaries and the status quo. Amplity Health has the expertise, infrastructure, and insights to help clients overcome any healthcare commercialization hurdle. With wide-ranging capabilities such as patient identification solutions, multichannel messaging, inside sales and service resourcing, field sales, campaign planning and execution, and more, we have what it takes to maximize commercialization efforts and set strategies up for success. Partnership. Amplified. OUR CULTURE
When you join Amplity Health, you have the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders in the health care industry. Our commitment to a team-oriented culture and value-based leadership model provides an environment where our employees can work to their full potential. All opportunities with offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive medical benefits package, 401-k benefits, and the opportunity to grow with us.
A goal of ours is to continuously drive innovation through our people by creating an open, respectful, inclusive and trustworthy work environment. We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Employment decisions are evaluated based on an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and other qualifications. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. Follow us on Social Media!URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
Key Word Search:
“social worker” “medical social worker” “public health” “case manager” “licensed social worker” “certified case manager” “urban health” “community health” “medicaid”
Provide Actionable Feedback
Maintain Client Relationship
Provide Performance Feedback
Prepare Annual Audit