This role will give you the opportunity to expand your skill as a Sr. Property Accountant in an exciting specialized industry where you’ll work independently and be in total control of your assigned properties from an accounting standpoint. Under general supervision, you will have responsibility for a portfolio of properties, preparing property level financial statements including income statements, variance analyses, general ledger reconciliations and property/tenant statistics, and presenting the data to Asset and Corporate Management with insights for better decision-making. If you want to bring your Property Management expertise to a successful venture where you’ll receive strong support from your supervisor and the accounting team, where everyone is open and willing to help each other, and where new opportunities are being created as due to strong company growth, then this could be the right role for you.
- Analyze the general ledger, calculate accruals and prepare journal entries
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and analyze variances
- Provide monthly P&L commentary and variance analysis
- Assist in the internal and external audits
- Manager relationships and liaise with external customers (Operations and Finance team, auditors)
- Participate in projects to continue to improve close process efficiency and effectiveness
- Utilizing Yardi to Run monthly reports and to close properties
- Recording monthly accrual entries
- Reviewing and reconciling the general ledger
- Reviewing income statement and balance sheet accounts
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance or accounting; CPA would be a plus
- 3+ years of progressive work experience preferably in property accounting; knowledge of commercial leases and issues associated with recovery of operating expenses is strongly preferred
- Detail oriented & self-sufficient
- Familiarity with Yardi a plus
- Familiarity with general US GAAP and property accounting processes, as well as knowledge of financial applications, concepts, and theories
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, as well as familiarity with Adobe and SharePoint
- Great communication skills, and the customer service skill and confidence to express yourself clearly to cross-functional team members and property managers
- The ability to work independently to solve problems and deal with a variety of options with limited information
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Great organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, to work well under pressure, and to set priorities
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles